#1 Priority for Americans – “Enjoy life”
“Enjoy life to the fullest.” According to the New Year’s GOBankingRates survey that was American’s #1 resolution. I interpret that to mean that above all else American’s want to enjoy this life. Is that your #1 desire?
What we desire is what we do.
I don’t normally make New Year’s resolutions but if nothing else, thinking about them at the beginning of the year may help us discover our own priorities. That is important because what we desire most is what we do most with our minds, hearts, and resources.
My top 5 priorities
Whether you make resolutions or not, as you look back over 2015, this is a good time to reevaluate what matters most to you. Here are my top 5 priorities:
- To please my Heavenly Father in all I say and do
- To have an intimate relationship with my Heavenly Father
- To love my wife like Christ loved me and gave himself for me
- To love my family and family of faith like Christ loved me
- To serve God with all my resources no matter the circumstances
Denison’s Cultural Commentary was especially helpful.
What motivated my thinking about that survey, resolutions, and priorities was Dr. Jim Denison’s morning commentary on the news and our culture from a biblical perspective. My wife and I read it daily. His commentary is always excellent, but his insights for this morning were especially helpful. I recommend you take a few minutes to read them.